316 Oldham Road, Failsworth, Manchester, M35 0EN
0161 681 5336
This pub was for sale and is possibly closed.
Please support The Campaign for the Sustainable Communities Bill:
The Local Works will be (if it’s passed in the house of Commons) a new initiative to help protect pubs and promote small brewers. Also in the bill is protection for small local businesses, Post Offices, Chemists and other small local retailers (corner shops, newsagents).
This is supported by CAMRA, (Campaign for Real Ale) SIBA, (Small Independent Brewers Association), the Pub Hub and a whole host of other organisations as diverse as Help the Aged to Small Family Farms Association, so there is a lot of wide support for this motion but it’s only the MPs who get to vote on this Early Day Motion number 641.
The Sustainable Communities Bill is a proposed Bill that, if became law could help save pubs
and promote small brewers by;
• Giving Communities a legal right of 1st option to take over pubs in danger of closure.
• Give councils new powers to stop developers demolishing pubs to make way for `developments’.
• Requiring supermarkets to stock locally brewed beers.
• Boosting local shops and jobs, so increasing the viability of `locals’.
• Allowing pub landlords to stock a guest beer.
But to get this through parliament it needs your support! Because its local people – Constituents – who can influence their local MPs. To find out more details and how you can get your MP to support this Bill visit the website www.localworks.orgForesters Arms-closed,